A photograph of double doors leading into the derelict Crystal Ice & Cold Storage Facility in midtown Sacramento. Once a part of the bustling R Street business corridor serviced by rail running down the middle of the street, now an abandoned behemoth of a building.
(Click through on the photograph above for the slightly improved 700px view)
I had hoped to find a way in but was not willing to force the issue as it was a very hot day and I was on a timeline for other activities a couple of hours later.
The various colors on the doors and the brick are attempts to cover up the graffiti. Either neon lime green is a really effective cover up or was on sale at the hardware store!
I had read online that this building is popular with photogs doing photoshoots and those online were absolutely correct. A shoot began a few minutes after I arrived, complete with models and makeshift dressing rooms created by draping beach towels over open passenger car doors with models changing within.
Recent Sacramento street photography:
- Tower Bridge, East Tower, Light Post
- Cloud Reflections, High Rise Windows
- Yellow Line, Concrete, Converging Lines
- \O \ ? IiI ? / O/
- Platform Tunnel, LED Lights, People
- Ice, American Ice Company, B&W
- Abandoned Warehouse, Woman (Vertical, Horizontal)
- (Ic)eland Shadow, Concrete Wall, Charred Door
- Tower Bridge, Sunset Clouds
- Tower Bridge, Light Trails
- Get Beyond Gate Sign, Pedestrians, Selective Color
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center weighted metering mode, 18mm, ISO 100, 1/20 sec, f/8
Wooden Door, Brick Building, Cover-up Paint. (Midtown) Sacramento, California. September 22, 2012. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.