A closeup of the “eyes” on the aspen tree trunk, converted to monochrome via Nik Silver EFex Pro 2.
(Conditions as of last Friday: Post Trip Report: Hope Valley Fall Colors 2012-Oct-05)
Note: Sorensen’s fire road should be peak near Hwy 88 and probably past peak by the 2nd or 3rd turn now. The area around Sorensen’s and across the highway should be 75-100% by now. This is all based on how quickly the popular areas around Bishop have gone from 0-25% to peak this year, about a week.
The rest of Hope Valley should be good the next week or two, barring any major storms.
Previous posts from this trip:
- Aspen, Granite, Contrast
- Wall of Aspens, Pine Tree, Aspen on Rock
- Tree Skeletons, Partly Cloudy Skies
- Self-Critique: Tree-Sprouting Boulder, River
Visit the following sites for the latest color information:
- *New* Examiner.com update for Hope Valley
- California Fall Color (John Poimiroo)
- Fall Color in California (Carol Leigh)
- SacBee’s Fall Leaves (Dave Henry)
- Sierra Impressions (Cory Freeman)
- Mono County Tourism Board – download the Fall Color guide, reports not yet updated
- Weather.com – one large storm and the season might be over with blown down leaves
- Flickr – search for specific lakes, creeks, destinations and see what other photogs have done and what to expect
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center weighted metering mode, 135mm, ISO 100, 1/30 sec, f/5
Aspen Trunk, Tree Eyes, B&W. Hope Valley, California. October 05, 2012. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.