Cars are speeding past as I am trying to frame a very dark composition along N. 16th St in Sacramento. The original composition in mind was a vertical centering on the one-way signs, power pole, and backlit blank store sign. I still might zoom in and crop this photo in the future.
Strange light flares in front of the roll up warehouse door coming from the passing cars. Unknown to me was the fact that the Sacred City Derby Girls training facility is in a warehouse a half block from where I was standing. These derby gals were flat track racers, a little different from the banked tracks were might have seen in 70’s films.
Recent Sacramento street photography:
- Coca Cola Neon, Light Trails, Long Exposure
- Tower Bridge, East Tower, Light Post
- Yellow Line, Concrete, Converging Lines
- \O \ ? IiI ? / O/
- Platform Tunnel, LED Lights, People
- Ice, American Ice Company, B&W
- Abandoned Warehouse, Woman (Vertical, Horizontal)
- (Ic)eland Shadow, Concrete Wall, Charred Door
- Tower Bridge, Sunset Clouds
- Tower Bridge, Light Trails
- Get Beyond Gate Sign, Pedestrians, Selective Color
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center weighted metering mode, 55mm, ISO 400, 20 sec, f/8
One Way, Warehouse Sign, Light Trails. Sacramento, California. October 20, 2012. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.