Clearly not a great photograph by any means, but it does remind me of various details from this shoot. The cat was hoping I would just go away.
(click through on the image to view in its slightly better 700px existence)
I was semi-stalking this cat on and off for about 20 minutes, trying to figure what it was after in this run down building. At one point, it jumped down from the floor I was on to the next floor down. Cats are certainly light on their feet! I would have broken a few bones trying to do the same thing.
The photo below is when the cat realized it had been spotted and I was not going to go away. I process one photo quickly in Lightroom and copied over the settings to the second photo. No point in doing the same steps twice.
Other posts using photographs from the Old Sugar Mill:
- Broken Pane, Broken Barrel, Mill Interior
- Circles, Squares, Gauge Cover, Selective Color
- Metal Conduit, Brick Wall Windows, Selective Coloring
- Sunlight, Peeling Paint, Faded Wall
- Room Sign, Window Panes, Painted Brick Wall
- Centrifuge Meter, Warning Signs, Selective Coloring
- Glass Panes, Metal Roof, Tree, Sky
- Bridesmaid Silhouettes, Window, Sunlight
- Panes of Glass, Dust, Distant Tree and Fields
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center weighted metering mode, 55mm, ISO 100, 0.4 sec, f/5.6
Cat, Concrete Stairs, Peek #1, #2. Old Sugar Mill, Clarksburg, California. September 08, 2012. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.