A lone occupant remains in the locker room building in the abandoned sugar mill.
(click through on the image to view nostalgia in 700px)
I had some problems trying to compose this shot and it continued during a very quick processing. There are so many lines to work with leading to various possibilities. For this particular end result, I placed some focus on the door frame and the doorway leading into the other room. Other photos I have seen from this exact same room have placed the Pepsi machine front and center, omitting the doorways. That type of placement just bores me. While the focus should certainly be the machine, I do want the eyes to look around a bit and come back to the main subject.
Other posts using photographs from the Old Sugar Mill:
- Panes of Glass, Dust, Distant Tree and Fields
- Broken Pane, Broken Barrel, Mill Interior
- Circles, Squares, Gauge Cover, Selective Color
- Metal Conduit, Brick Wall Windows, Selective Coloring
- Sunlight, Peeling Paint, Faded Wall
- Room Sign, Window Panes, Painted Brick Wall
- Centrifuge Meter, Warning Signs, Selective Coloring
- Glass Panes, Metal Roof, Tree, Sky
- Bridesmaid Silhouettes, Window, Sunlight
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center weighted metering mode, 23mm, ISO 100, 1/120 sec, f/3.8
Pepsi Machine, Sunlight, Doorways. Old Sugar Mill, Clarksburg, California. September 08, 2012. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.