I have run out of new photographs to post, so we are going back to the archives for this composition of the white (okay, it is really a tan color) cliffs above Bowling Ball Beach in northern California near the town of Point Arena.
(Click through the photo for the 700px enlarged image)
Certainly not as eye-catching as the white cliffs of Dover and others similar to it around the United Kingdom, but sometimes we have to make due with what a location gives us.
Processed in SEP2 to bring out the contrast in the sky as the fog was nearly imperceptible in the original RAW file coming out of the camera.
Previous posts from Bowling Ball Beach & Point Arena:
- Uplift Geology, Boulder, Ocean
- Bowling Balls Rocks, Waves, Sunset Light
- Setting Sun, Man on Rocks, Silhouette
- Bowling Balls, Wave Cut Lanes, Ocean
- Bowling Balls, Waves, Algae (B&W, Color)
- White Picket Fence, Lighthouse, B&W
- Rock Crevice, Water, Long Exposure
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center weighted metering mode, 55mm, ISO 100, 1/25 sec, f/16
White Cliffs, Bleached Logs, Fog, Monochrome. Bowling Ball Beach, Point Arena, California. September 1, 2012. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.