The jagged edges of the broken glass contrasted against the straight lines of the brick building outside. A little comparison and contrast for today’s photograph.
(Click through the image for slightly more detailed 700px view)
In terms of the composition itself, there was an effort on my part to line up the broken glass edge on the top left with the roof line of the brick building and parallel to the angle of the window below. Maybe the composition works, maybe it would have been better to have a bit of the white roof creep into that space.
Other posts using photographs from the Old Sugar Mill:
- Ashtray, Brick Wall, Selective Coloring
- Panes of Glass, Dust, Distant Tree and Fields
- Broken Pane, Broken Barrel, Mill Interior
- Circles, Squares, Gauge Cover, Selective Color
- Metal Conduit, Brick Wall Windows, Selective Coloring
- Sunlight, Peeling Paint, Faded Wall
- Room Sign, Window Panes, Painted Brick Wall
- Centrifuge Meter, Warning Signs, Selective Coloring
- Glass Panes, Metal Roof, Tree, Sky
- Bridesmaid Silhouettes, Window, Sunlight
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center weighted metering mode, 55mm, ISO 100, 1/30 sec, f/11
Old Sugar Mill, Broken Window, Brick Building. Old Sugar Mill, Clarksburg, California. September 08, 2012. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.