Instead of the occasional layered hill photographs I’ve taken in the past, the photo incorporates two layers of clouds along with the silhouette on the foothills. While not as dramatic as the clouds posted a few days ago from the same location, there is still some artistic merit here.
(click through on the image to view in 700px)
The orange tones in the clouds that particular afternoon was stunning to see in person. It reminds me of the photos taken during forest fires where the clouds/smoke immediately above the fire are a saturated orange tone. A similar look here.
Recent photographs taken in Amador County:
- Storm Cloud Retreat, Sunset Light
- Oak Tree, Yellow Pasture, Storm Clouds
- Railroad Ties, Oak Leaves, Long Exposure
- Merry Christmas 2012, Bokeh Tree
- Mt. Diablo, Sunset, Shaded Hills
- Last Three Leaves, Birch, Sodium Light, Long Exposure
- Yellow Leaves, Green Moss, Pavers, Long Exposure
- Sacramento Skyline, Storm Clouds
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center-weighted metering mode, 165mm, ISO 100, 1/4 sec, f/8
Plymouth, Cloud Layers, Sunset Light. Plymouth, California. December 26, 2012. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.