A late afternoon/early evening photograph of a defunct church building in Amador County. With its stained glass windows boarded up from the inside, it sits in the middle of a small Catholic cemetery unused.
Split toned to enhance the light in the skies.
It was interesting that while walking around the site and taking photographs, the air was still. Still enough for a 6 second long exposure such as this. Within 30 seconds of my putting the camera away, winds picked up. Yes, there was an approaching storm, but interesting nevertheless.
Recent photographs taken in Amador County:
- Preston Castle Grounds, Abandoned Mailboxes
- Storm Cloud Retreat, Sunset Light
- Oak Tree, Yellow Pasture, Storm Clouds
- Railroad Ties, Oak Leaves, Long Exposure
- Merry Christmas 2012, Bokeh Tree
- Mt. Diablo, Sunset, Shaded Hills
- Last Three Leaves, Birch, Sodium Light, Long Exposure
- Yellow Leaves, Green Moss, Pavers, Long Exposure
- Sacramento Skyline, Storm Clouds
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center-weighted metering mode, 55mm, ISO 100, 6 sec, f/8
Ione Catholic Church, Trees, Long Exposure, Split Tone. Ione, California. January 05, 2013. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.