Now going through all the images I started post-processing on, stopped for one reason or another, and flagged for later review. Outside the world of landscape photography, I have an affinity for lines, repetition, and patterns. I can usually rely on buildings and architectural elements to satisfy that side of the brain.
(Click through the image for the 700px view)
This composition of three cells on “C” block was taken from the former prison library across the walkway known as Park Avenue. I briefly played with the idea of cropping the image down to just the three cells and the foreground shadow lines in concrete, but it seemed a bit too repetitious, and thus bland. From reviewing many of these photos on the computer screen, I have a feeling I could spend a few hours just photographing the lines on the floor!
Listing of photograph(s) from this day’s San Francisco daytrip:
- Alcatraz, Lighthouse, Chapel Windows
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco, Atrium, Elevator, Monochrome, Long Exposure
- SF Ferry Building, Bay Bridge, 49ers Colors, Long Exposure
- Alcatraz Hospital, Glass Vacoliter, Monochrome
- Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Point, Sunset, Seagulls
- SF Newhall Building, Terra Cotta, Uplights, Long Exposure
- Alcatraz, New Industries Building, Broken Panes
- San Francisco Skyline, Treasure Island, Long Exposure, 3-shot Panorama
- SF Palace of Fine Arts, Rotuna Dome, Underside
- Alcatraz, East Gun Gallery, Michigan Avenue, “A” Block
- Alcatraz, Model Industries Building, Sutro Tower, Monochrome
- Alcatraz, Officer’s Club, Angel Island, Richmond, Monochrome
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center-weighted metering mode, ISO 800, 35mm (prime), f/1.8, 1/50 sec
Alcatraz, “C” Block Cells, Cell Bar Shadow Lines, Night. Alcatraz, San Francisco Bay, California. January 26, 2013. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.