Scouring through the archives for decent photos, I decided to have a go with this image of the western end of Alcatraz island. What bothers me is that after 30 minutes of searching the internet, I have no idea what this little white building is. It is not likely one of the fog bell buildings as those are on the north and south sides of the island.
(Click through the image for the 700px view)
Listing of photograph(s) from this day’s San Francisco daytrip:
- Alcatraz, Model Industries Building, Sutro Tower, Monochrome
- Alcatraz, Lighthouse, Chapel Windows
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco, Atrium, Elevator, Monochrome, Long Exposure
- SF Ferry Building, Bay Bridge, 49ers Colors, Long Exposure
- Alcatraz Hospital, Glass Vacoliter, Monochrome
- Golden Gate Bridge, Fort Point, Sunset, Seagulls
- SF Newhall Building, Terra Cotta, Uplights, Long Exposure
- Alcatraz, New Industries Building, Broken Panes
- San Francisco Skyline, Treasure Island, Long Exposure, 3-shot Panorama
- SF Palace of Fine Arts, Rotuna Dome, Underside
- Alcatraz, East Gun Gallery, Michigan Avenue, “A” Block
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center-weighted metering mode, ISO 100, 65mm, f/4.5, 1/400 sec
San Francisco, Alcatraz, Westernmost Building. Alcatraz, San Francisco Bay, California. January 26, 2013. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.