It has been at least two years since I have been back to the Old Sugar Mill, an old sugar (beet) factory turned wine tasting and custom grape crush pad across the river and a few miles south of downtown Sacramento. While the wine tasting building has been gaining in popularity, the monstrous factory building appears from the outside to remain in its previous state. Unfortunately, the broken locks and access doors in have been secured and fixed.
If I remember correctly, the only reason I was back in the area was to retrieve a photograph I had on exhibit at the California State Fair near downtown Sacramento. And maybe, just maybe, there is a chance I can explore the old building again. No luck. Stuck on the outside. Yet even outside, there are interesting photographs to take. This is a good reminder that there still may be some photos in my archives from 3-4 years back that may be worth a second look to process.
Here are other Old Sugar Mill photograph from blog posts past:
- Centrifuge Meter, Warning Signs, Selective Coloring
- Old Sugar Mill, Filtered Sunlight, Windows, Blue Skies
- Circles, Squares, Gauge Cover, Selective Color
- Sunlight, Peeling Paint, Brick Wall
- Room Sign, Window Panes, Painted Brick Wall
- Old Sugar Mill, Broken Window, Brick Building
- Ashtray, Brick Wall, Selective Coloring
- Cat, Concrete Stairs, Peek #1, #2
- Panes of Glass, Dust, Distant Tree and Fields
- Bridesmaid Silhouettes, Window, Sunlight
- Glass Panes, Metal Roof, Tree, Sky
EXIF data: Nikon D7000, center-weighted metering mode, ISO100, 18mm, f/14, 30 sec
Clarksburg (CA), Pipe Access, Brick Wall, Glass Panes. Old Sugar Mill, Clarksburg, CA. July 24, 2016. © Copyright Steven Tze – all rights reserved.